I am back, with a brand review blog. I’ll talk bout Lakme because everybody loves Lakme. It is known to be an Indian affordable brand, easy to purchase for all women out there.
Lakme blush and glow face wash with strawberry extracts.
- The product claims deep cleansing of skin washing away dirt and other impurities, radiance & glow and whitening & fairness.
- Priced at Rs. 175 for 100 ml.
- Shelf life is 24 months.
- It comes in a simple squeaky transparent matte tube packaging.
- Has mild fragrant. Does not smell like strawberry but something close to Lakme lotions. I would say it is more like an exfoliant with the strawberry beads.
- It does not lather much and rinses off easily.
- It leaves slight cooling sensation because of the presence of menthol.
- It feels creamy, really soft and smooth on skin.
It works really well without making the skin dry. My rating for the product is 4.5 on 5 – considering its claims.
Note: There are two variants to it one being the one with strawberry extracts and the other being with Peach extracts.
Lakme radiance compact in shade Pearl for fair skin.
- The product claims dab on for ultimate smooth finish and an even matte finish look
- Priced at Rs. 140 for 9gms.
- Shelf life of the product is 36 months.
- The coverage is buildable from light to medium with super coverage.
- I like the packaging. It is tiny and travel friendly.
- From Hygiene perspective, it is good as it has a thin film of plastic which separates the powderpuff and compact.
- Although the powderpuff might be difficult to apply but one can use brush in that case.
- It is very affordable and gives a nice and even matte look to face.
- The finish of the compact is good and stays for up to 5 hours.
I have been using this for quite some time now and I have absolutely no complaints about it. My rating for the product is 4 on 5.
Note: Other than the shade mentioned, there are 3 more shades present namely shell, Coral, Marble.
Lakme Eyebrow pencil, black
- The product claims long lasting eyebrow pencil, water resistant and long lasting.
- Priced at Rs. 65 for 1.2g
- Water resistant
- Easy to sharpen and use
- Doesn’t require any touch-ups and can be used for dramatic & bold effect
- I’d rate the product 5 on 5.
Lakme absolute Mascara
The product claims to volumnize the eyelashes and has a water-proof formula. Priced at Rs. 600 for 7.5 ml.
- Adds volume to the lashes.
- Waterproof & smudge proof.
- Does not dry out quickly after put on eye and thus spreads.
- Stays for about 16 hours.
- The bristles of the brush help in in lengthening and creating volume.
- The mascara dries out in few weeks.
My rating on the product is 4 on 5.
Lakme absolute shine liquid eye liner, in shade classic black
The product claims matte finish, easy to apply – works magic in just one stroke and gives rich, intense color without smudging for many hours, absorbs excess oil from the skin. Priced at Rs. 350 for 4.5 ml
- Does not Provide matte black finish. I did not find it that glossy as much its name suggests.
Stays for long – until it is removed. Doesn’t smudge.
- Takes time and pressure to remove the liner.
- The tip is less bendable which makes it easily controllable while application.
- Packaging and brush of the mascara is fine which helps to easily apply.
My rating on the product is 3.5 on 5.
Lakme eye conic Kajal, deep black
The product claims a smudge proof water proof experience, with matte texture stays for 22 hours. Priced at Rs. 210 for 0.35 gm
- In my opinion they’re really good. Being using it for years suits me really well. Allows me to apply thick jet black lines.
- The print labelling fades away making it look ordinary after few application.
- I love the consistency, they are very smooth and you can blend them as well for Smokey effect.
- They are so so pigmented and it isn’t easy to take them off.
- On days when my eye liner gets over, I use this as eyeliner. And as claimed it is smudge proof and deep intense black.
I would rate it 5 on 5.
Note: It is available in 6 other vibrant shades like regal green, brown, turquoise etc.
Lakme 9 to 5 matte lip color in the shade Red Rebel
The product claims that it stays long, is ultra-matte. Priced at Rs. 450 for 3.6g
- Easy application, perfect finish.
- Long stay – Stays all day.
- Gives smooth perky lips.
- Keeps lip hydrated all day.
- Available in multiple shades.
- No touch-ups required.
I’d rate it 5 on 5.
Note: These are available in 45 shades.
Lakme nail polish
The product claims that it is long lasting and gives vibrant and elegant look. The prices vary depending upon the series. Also, this was bought long ago, and hence I don’t remember the price.
- The shades are completely a must have.
- Needs an application of two coats for few paints
- Few paints take long time to dry.
I’d rate it 4 on 5.
Lakme Nail color remover
The product claims that it is enriched with vitamins, prevents excessive dryness around the nails, strengthens the nail and removes the color completely.
Priced at Rs. 80 for 27 ml
- I have been using this regularly and it is way gentler on nails than any other brand.
- It removes gel nail polish as well.
- It removes the polish easily – just a wipe is enough and thus saves time.
My rating for the product is 5 on 5.
Lakme absolute Bi-phased Make up remover
- Gently removes all traces of makeup.
- Doesn’t leave any stickiness.
- Leaves skin fresh and hydrated.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
Highly satisfied, I’d give it a 5 on 5.
Hence on basis of the products that I use of Lakme, I give it a thumb up and overall score it 4.5 on 5 and also recommend it to all.
The products that I haven’t reviewed but I use is
- Lakme Dual sharpener
- Lakme Peach milk moisturizer body lotion
- Lakme Lip love lip care (for days I don’t want to wear lipstick)
- I have been selective in choosing products because I just wanted to talk about the products that I use regularly.
- All products re purchased by my own money. This blog is not sponsored, there is no endorsement here (paid or otherwise). This has been done to enlighten my followers and not sell any brand.
- The prices as mentioned are of those as in retail shops. You might get the products at a relatively cheap price buying it online.
Have any questions feel free to ask? Also, let me know about your experiences of the various Lakme product. Let me know if the review helped you! Do give it a try and let me know what you think of it.
Connect with me on my other social media accounts for updates. If you found this helpful, like, share, comment and follow.